Saturday 28 July 2012

Boots Botanics skincare review

Recently boots have redesigned their Botanics range. I had tried a few products in the past and liked them so I could not resist picking up some of their redesigned products as I love the new packaging! Botanics is an affordable range from Boots that uses 'the power of plants' to create natural and some organic products. I am going to be focusing on the skincare. As you can see from the image below the Botanics range has something for everyone. This is something I really like about the overall brand, it has different products for different skin types.


The first product I picked up was the Botanics 100% Organic Rosewater Toning Spritz. I mainly wanted to try this because of the hype around the Caudalie Beauty Elixir. I have to say I really like this product, I didn't notice that it made a huge difference to my skin but I don't find that toners really do in my opinion. It is a very reasonable price at £4.99 for 150ml. It is light refreshing and great for a boost in the hot summer months. It does have a rose smell which I wasn't sure I would get on with at first as I'm not a fan of rose scents. However after a few uses I got used to it and I don't notice the scent anymore. I would definitely repurchase this just because it feels so nice and refreshing in the morning and when its hot.
The next product i got was the Botanics All Bright Gentle Cleansing Cream, this is only £3.99 for 250ml. I really like this product, like it says it is gentle but it still leaves my skin feeling clean. I use this product on a cotton wool pad to remove my face makeup in the evening, then I use a different cleaner with warm water afterwards. I really do find that this removes my face makeup well and its great for them lazy days when you don't want to wash your face properly. I also use this in the morning to quickly cleanse my skin as I don't always have time to wash it with water etc.

The next product is the Botanics All Bright Hydrating Day Cream SPF15. There isn't a lot to say about this product, its just a nice moisturiser for the day. I like it as it is light and doesn't make my skin greasy or shiny. I also like the fact that it has SPF in it so I am always protected on my face. This retails for £4.99 for 50ml.
The final product is the Botanics Ultra Calm Skin Relief Serum, this claims to reduce the skins sensitivity within 2 weeks but I cant really comment on this as I haven't noticed a huge difference. However I love this product! It isn't like most serums I have tried, it is more of a liquidy cream that feels wonderful on the skin. I use this at night and in the morning after my moisturiser as a base for my makeup because it makes my skin feel so smooth! This is the most expensive product i have tried from Botanics at £7.99 but I feel its worth it for the way it makes my skin feel. I also love the tube this comes in, I feel it looks quite expensive.

If you are thinking about trying these products now is the time to do it as Boots are doing a 1/3 of the Botanics range. I am definitely going to be trying more of their products as I run out of the things I am trying. I just love that they are simple, affordable products that make my skin feel great.

Thanks for reading

Vicky x

1 comment:

  1. yes i love there line but i am person who's skin just likes everything but some facial wipes makes my skin itch. so yeah gonna give these a go accept coz i got it already with the scrub too!

    ReplyDelete